Welcome to Hulu (“we” or “us”)! If you are the holder of a Hulu Plus gift card
purchased at third-party outlets, in order to redeem your Hulu Plus gift card, you must
agree to and follow these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). It is our
goal to provide an experience that will delight our users as well as premium customer
service, so if you have any questions or comments about the Terms and Conditions, please
contact us through the
page on the Hulu site.
- Please note that Hulu Plus gift cards, which constitute pre-paid memberships to the
Hulu Plus service, can be redeemed online only at
- Hulu shall redeem the Hulu Plus gift card when the redemption code on the gift card
is entered at
http://www.hulu.com/gift. The holder of a gift
card (“Redeemer”) may access the Hulu Plus service after creating a Hulu Plus account.
Please note that the use of the Hulu Plus account and the Hulu Plus service is
hulu.com/terms. For information about our policies
and practices regarding the collection and use of the customer information, please read
- Hulu Plus gift cards may be offered in various denominations. In the event that the
monthly price of the Hulu Plus service is increased or decreased by up to 15%, the
Redeemer of a gift card denominated in months shall be entitled to redeem the gift card
for the number of months originally purchased. Please note that after a Hulu Plus gift
card is purchased, the value of the gift card cannot be increased.
- If Hulu does not offer a subscription service within the price range described in
paragraph 3 or the Redeemer wishes to exchange a gift card for another subscription
service offered by Hulu, then the gift card may be exchanged for such other subscription
service. However, such exchanges may alter the duration of a gift card denominated in
months. In the event of such an exchange, any partial months of the gift card will be
applied as a partial reduction of the next month's subscription price.
- Subject to paragraphs 3 and 4 above, a Redeemer who creates a Hulu Plus account will
receive a credit equal to the total number of months in the Hulu Plus gift subscription,
and will have access to the Hulu Plus service. The Redeemer’s account will be debited the
price of one month of Hulu Plus service starting on the day the gift subscription is
redeemed and each month thereafter until the gift subscription is fully redeemed, at which
point the Redeemer’s access to the Hulu Plus service will be terminated unless the Redeemer
provides a credit card or other payment method accepted by Hulu (a “Payment Method”).
If provided, Redeemer’s Payment Method will be charged for subsequent months (plus
applicable sales taxes and fees) for continued access to the Hulu Plus service. If the
Redeemer has elected to cancel the Hulu Plus service before the monthly renewal date, the
Redeemer’s Payment Method will not be charged. You may change your Payment Method
information or cancel your account by logging in on the Hulu website and clicking on
under your name. Once a gift subscription is redeemed, the Redeemer may not
transfer or assign access to the Hulu Plus service to another person.
- Hulu Plus gift cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash, either prior or
subsequent to redemption, unless otherwise required by applicable law. Except as otherwise
permitted by these Terms and Conditions, Hulu Plus gift cards may not be exchanged or used
to offset any amount owed to Hulu.
- Hulu is not responsible for hardware issues related to your device's access to the
Hulu Plus service, so please check with the applicable device maker for compatibility.
- Please keep your gift card and redemption code in a safe location as we are not
responsible for lost or stolen gift cards or redemption codes.
- Except as otherwise permitted by these Terms and Conditions, gift cards may be used to
access the Hulu Plus service only.
- Hulu reserves the right to amend, modify or waive the Terms and Conditions from time
to time in its sole discretion.